It’s hard to believe that a whole year has already gone by… 52 weeks of posting about health, finances, and productivity. Have you made any progress this year? Are you ready to keep moving forward?
Let’s look back at what happened this past year…
Some Milestones from 2013
- First post on January 14: Never Miss an Email Again
- Busiest day of the year on February 13: Thanks Reddit!
- Added Mindset category on March 4: Anti-Aging Techniques to Keep you Healthy and Young at Heart
- First guest post on April 29: Motivation: How to Accomplish Things When No One is Making You
- First newsletter sent on July 18: Subscribe for biweekly updates, plus helpful resources and sneak peeks!
Top 5 Most Popular Posts
- Why You Should Know Your Strengths And Weaknesses
- Never Miss an Email Again
- Money is a Means, Not an End
- 14 Reasons To Quit Stalling And Start Being Awesome
- 7 Facts About Change (And Why You Can’t Live Without It)
Other Interesting Factoids
- In the month of October, Life In Charge received exactly 1,000 visitors.
- November was the busiest month of the year (in terms of traffic)
- The majority of visitors are from USA. Next biggest group is from the UK, followed by India, followed by Canada.
- 41.7% of visitors use Chrome as their browser. 16.8% use Safari, 14.88% use Firefox, and 11.85% use Internet Explorer.
Over the course of the past year, I have tried different approaches to share information in the most helpful and useful ways. I’ve written stories, used pictures, infographics, guest posts, and emails, to name a few. This next year I’ve got more mediums to try, including interviews and ebooks. What’s your learning style? I’d love to hear about how you learn best — please leave me a comment below.
I’ve also spent time tweaking the website, and adding pages here and there. It has helped a fair amount with improving search rankings, but I want to continue improving the site to make the information as accessible as possible. After all, this site is intended to help humans, not search engines.
One thing I haven’t gotten as much of as I’d hoped is reader engagement. I’ve seen return visitors come back to read posts, and I’ve seen a few Facebook likes here and there. But in 2014, I want to increase the level of interaction on each post. I think that we all learn better when there is a discussion about the material. I know my approaches aren’t the only ones out there, and I always like to learn from others to refine my life practices. I encourage you, as a reader of this blog, to speak up when you have something to say! (And it’s okay if you disagree with me — I won’t be offended.)
I’ve learned a lot about running a website, and about writing weekly posts. It is my sincere hope that you have learned some helpful life skills that you can take advantage of. I consider it my job to give you the tools you need to be healthy, financially grounded, and more productive. If you have ideas for how I can do that better (e.g., topics to address or tools to provide), then please leave a comment and let me know.
Here’s to an even better 2014!
Taking charge together,