From time to time, Life In Charge will feature guest authors that have something valuable to contribute. Today’s post on overcoming obstacles was written by an Israeli writer named Amit.
A lawyer with a B.A in Economics and a LL.B, Amit gave up his 10 year marketing career in favor of promoting his marketing and writing skills online. It’s been three and half years since, and he has never looked back.
It is normal to encounter some obstacles. Obstacles in life can either make you weak or strong; it just depends on how you handle and solve it. To commit a mistake is part of human life. Remember, you are just a human who commits some mistakes. The important thing is that you know how to face the consequences of your mistakes. Wrong actions and decisions in life can cause you some problems. To face a consequence is not an easy thing to do. It takes courage and sense of accountability to face the consequences of your mistakes.
Realization of your wrong decisions and mistakes can give you a feeling of regret. Regret is a normal thing that you will experience once you understand and realize the consequences of your mistakes. To feel sense of regret is a good thing, so that you will learn from your mistakes. However, thinking too much about regrets may cause delay to your moving on stage. It is very important that you take time thinking about things that can help you pass through a difficult situation or a problem. To acknowledge your mistake can be your first stepping stone to think ways on how you can provide positive solutions to your problems.
Ways on how to Face Problems and Consequences
Life must go on, even if you are suffering from a difficult situation. Consequences and problems can serve as your way to acquire sense of maturity and continuous innovation. Some people who are suffering from a problem are also having a hard time on how they will face, solve and deal with it. Ways on how you can face your problems and consequences are listed below:
- Acknowledging your Mistakes – To acknowledge your mistake is an important factor so that you will keep on living your life even if you are suffering from a problem. Realizing and accepting your mistakes manifest that you are maturing. There are many factors that can help you realize your mistakes. It is very important that you lower your pride so that you will learn to acknowledge your mistakes. Being open minded can also help you acknowledge your mistakes and problems.
- Sense of Acceptance – Acknowledging your mistakes will lead you to accept it. Sense of acceptance is also an important key so that you will determine the best things to do on how you can solve your problems and face consequences of your wrong actions.
- Identify your Problem – Wrong actions and decisions can lead you to encounter some problems. Problems are manifestations or implications of your wrong actions and will require you to provide immediate solution. It is necessary that you determine your problems so that you will determine suitable solutions for it.
- Determine the Cause of your Problem – It is important that you also determine cause of your problems so that you will learn relevant lesson from your mistakes. Ability to determine causes of your problem will also help you attain sense of self innovation and maturity so that you will not end committing same wrong action and decision.
- Sense of Forgiveness – Sense of forgiveness is also an important factor that you must consider so that you can finally pass through a difficult situation and problems caused by your wrong decisions and actions. Learn to ask forgiveness to all people that you’ve hurt. It is also important that you first forgive yourself before you ask forgiveness to those people you’ve hurt. Forgiveness is an essential element that can help you pass through a difficult situation and problem.
- Collecting Facts and Data about your Problem – You need to collect some facts and data about your problem so that you will know suitable solutions. To collect some facts and data can also help to avoid committing same wrong action that caused big problem to you.
- Stop Worrying – Thinking about your problem is important so that you will acquire ideas on how you can solve it. However, too much worrying and thinking about your unsolved issues may lead you to acquire some health problems. Too much worrying may cause you to lose your concentration which is not good because when you lose your concentration there is a tendency that you cannot think properly. It is important that you get some rest and eat well so that you obtain enough energy to solve your problems.
- Positive Perception about Life – Problems may serve as a way to turn your weakness into strength. Not all problems can cause negative impacts. You need to try some ways on how you can see positive sides of having a problem. A positive and good about life may serve as your inspiration and motivation to solve your problems efficiently and fast.
- Get Some Advice – You can advice from people who also had same problems. Getting valuable advice from other people can help build up your confidence to solve your problems and face consequences of your wrong actions and wrong decisions.
- Support of your family, friends and other people – Love, respect and support of your family, friends and other people can help you acquire sense of motivation so that you can solve your problems and live a good life again after you encountered an obstacle.
Live a Better Life after Solving your Problem
For sure, after passing through a difficult situation and obstacle you will realize that you became stronger and mature. You can relatively acquire sense of innovation when you successfully solved a difficult situation and you faced consequences of your own mistakes. Problems are not always meant to destroy you. There are some problems in life that can help you acquire sense of innovation and maturity.
For sure, through the help of your family, friends and other people, you can acquire sense of inspiration to live a better life. Problems and difficult situations that you went through must serve as your inspiration and motivation to become a better individual. You must not forget to obtain a better perception about life, even if you are facing difficult situations. You must learn from your mistakes and continually aim for self innovation.